Meltzi board didn’t have the bootloader on it, so I’ve flashed the bootloader, which means it is now reasonably easy to reflash via USB. Though please make sure you are using the correct board type (Sanguino with ATMega 1284P 16Mhz to avoid any more bricking :))
I’ve flashed the Marlin version from the thingiverse page. we have 10k resistors on the board. Will commit the code I used to github later - I had to invert the z-axis motor to make it go the right way.
I’ve also dismantled and cleaned out the hotend and extruder. The nozzle was pretty gunked up, so I swapped it for one that looked less gunked up. Also the tube that runs down the centre of the heaksink was gunky, so I’ve done my best to clear that out. To my mind, the nozzle and heatblock were assembled wrong, so I’ve fixed that - the Nozzle is now screwed tightly up against the heat block (it wasn’t before)
I’ve re-levelled the bed to account for slight the extruder geometry change.
A test print has come out reasonable, but only by upping the feed rate during the print. I guess because we don’t have the default Wanhao extruder we need to reconfigure the extruder steps per mm. No idea what this is right now, so I’m leaving this for the time being.
Temps seem to be reporting correctly. Printing at 205 for PLA seems okay-ish.
Still to do:
- Configure Extruder steps / mm
- Make part fan work